Honestly, truly, how are y’all doing? I don’t think any of us thought that 2020 would pan out the way that it has. For me, this year has simultaneously been the best worst year of my life.
Let’s start with the pros, shall we?
- Remote work has given me the opportunity to virtually work anywhere, so I have been able to quarantine with my family.
- Due to the pandemic, I’ve cut back tremendously on travel and frivolous spending, which means that my savings account is looking very plentiful.
- All of the goals that I set at the top of the year were completed by the end of the 3rd QTR of this year—3 months ahead of schedule.
- I have been ripping and running for YEARS. This pandemic finally made me slow down and prioritize my mental health. I feel like I’ve peaked new levels of healing and self-awareness within the last 6 months.
- I’ve been able to witness so many of my loved ones bloom into entrepreneurs, crush fitness and wellness goals, purchase homes, expand streams of income, find love, discover new passions, and do the absolute best they can to get through this challenging year—and, that alone makes me so happy!
Seeing all the beauty that this year has afforded me, I am reminded not to place too much emphasis on the cons, so I will keep it short and simple. The most challenging thing about this year—and, I am sure that many folks can relate—is the distance that it has placed between myself and the folks that I love. Not only am I unable to pull up on my tribe like I normally would, but my dating life has also been completely disrupted by Miss Rona. While I have loved the creativity that has been birthed during this age of virtual dating, nothing compares to the intimacy of enjoying your partner in person. So, naturally, this new dilemma led me to think about all the forms of distance that can impact relationships, those new and old, during this pandemic.
- Can’t physically get to your partner because of the pandemic? I’ve got songs for that.
- Are you and Bae in it for the long haul, aka “going the distance”? I’ve got songs for that.
- Growing together or growing apart? Either way, I’ve got songs for you.
- No longer together, but you want that old thang back? It be like that, and yes, I’ve got you covered.
- Love so good that it catapults you into another realm? Yep, I’m taking it there, too (also, sign me up for this kind of love!)
No matter what stage of distance you are experiencing, grab your libation, hit PLAY or SHUFFLE, and catch this groove!
xo, Bee Sherel